Nutrition is one thing, curing cancer or "starving cancer" is quite another. Since the OCF forum deals with oral cancer, I think it's important to stress that since so far this diet has worked primarily on brain cancer patients, and some studies found that ovarian and esophageal cancer simply did not respond. Some blogs attribute this to an HPV connection but I've seen no studies on that, just comments so there is Zero correlation with the facebook posting implying that this diet somehow could starve an oral cancer.
In some cases,when there is plausible evidence, scientific diet studies are being done. Why? Because there is in fact money to be made by diet gurus - see Atkins, South Beach, etc. At the least, there are books to be sold touting the diet. Paul B's link to the ketogenic clinical trial shows that serious studies are being done on diet approaches, but as I noted, that trial excludes oral cancer patients which I find very significant.
I wanted to be clear that whatever the merits of ketogenic diet, there is zero evidence that it starves oral cancer.
Although I also confess that a diet which has bacon as a major health food can't be all bad IMO despite what the groups I belong to (PETA and PRM) all say. (that meat causes cancer).
Charm

Last edited by Charm2017; 01-09-2013 12:35 PM. Reason: toned it down

65 yr Old Frack
Stage IV BOT T3N2M0 HPV 16+
2007:72GY IMRT(40) 8 ERBITUX No PEG
2008:CANCER BACK Salvage Surgery
25GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin
Apaghia /G button
2012: CANCER BACK -left tonsilar fossa
40GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin

Passed away 4-29-13