Hello all,

I am new to this group. I was diagnosed on November 7th with SCC. I am trying to keep all of my emotions in check and do productive things while waiting for my surgery date on 1/3/14. My wife has been taking this very tough and today I am letting the doubts seep in. I know I am doing absolutely everything I can to get prepared for this fight. I am scared about the journey ahead. The waiting seems to be the worst......I'm not worried about the surgery. I am worried about the results of the Lymph nodes the will be testing. I know there is absolutely no way of knowing if the nodes are positive or negative until the middle of January. The cancer will either be completely cut out or there will be more treatement in the future. I have decided at this point that I am going to do whatever it takes to beat this! I will do it for myself, my wife and my kid!

SCC front left lateral tongue T2N0M0 After neck dissection. partial glossectomy 12/26/13. Perinueral Invasion. IMRT 60gy 30 treatments beginning 2/5/14 through 3/19/14.