Katies show, catastrophe that it was, is our first amendment rights in play. Everyone is entitled to have their opinion. So this is less on the mothers that are looking for a reason why something horrible happened that they can blame, and more about someone who has the key to the bully pulpit giving that person a venue to spread misinformation. This is an issue of someone with the opportunity to move the ball down the field in a positive way choosing to do something that moved it backwards.

This is a particularly difficult situation for me, as OCF is a proud strategic partner to Stand Up 2 Cancer, and Katie is a founder of that organization. EIF the parent organization behind SU2C is also OCF's largest donor every year, (through the involvement of Gwyneth Paltrow), so in the middle of all this I am walking a razor's edge of being angry, and not biting the hand that feeds me. OCF has a dream team (HPV) application in front of SU2C, that I have 6 months invested into putting together.

Last edited by Brian Hill; 12-10-2013 05:13 PM.

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.