Great comments.

[quote]they need to be exposed for what they are doing.[/quote]
[quote]To allow this kind of misinformation to live is dangerous.[/quote]

What follows is more from the head rather than the heart.

If the overarching goal is to achieve awareness of the vaccine and convey the positives, then, given limited resources, strategies and tactics to accomplish this goal are defined and executed.

A few guiding principles:

1) limited resources,
2) achieve the greatest progress with the fewest resources,
3) understand success is less than 100% (population of target age) getting the vaccine,
4) existential threats will be defined and resources applied as necessary.

Number one is pretty obvious and especially relevant to specialty causes such as this. Given number one, getting the most progress with limited resources is critical. The common saying, "achieve 80% of the goal with 20% of the resources" means get all the low hanging fruit knowing some at the very top are left behind as too costly to retrieve. Number four means even if one of the fruits at the top of the tree can infect the whole tree and kill it, you must apply whatever resource you can apply to go get that one at the top.

I've not spent any time looking into the variations from this standard model as it applies to promoting and educating a potential lifesaving medical vaccine and certainly there are nuances requiring some adjustment of the basic business model to address this issue. I KNOW Brian thinks about this everyday, so I'd love to hear his take.

I'd love to hammer, stomp out, and totally discredit every false and misleading message just as much as you. But we are in the Internet and hyper mass media age and information flow is so accessible to all, it is impossible to stop all negative messaging.

If the Katie interview was deemed so detrimental to the cause then you may be obligated to address it head on and expend resources, maybe all of it, to go to war.

One would expect companies producing and profiting from the vaccine have more to gain if they can prevent the false messaging creating confusion in the market. The fact interviews like the Katie show go on indicates to me it is a battle they chose not to fight for whatever reason. With a battery of legal force at their disposal, it would not take much to file some action to disrupt the airing of that episode. Why they don't shut this nonsense down forces one to dig deeper. It it would provide a better balance between heart and mind.

Great dialog, don

Don
Male, 57 - Great health except C
Dec '12
DX: BOT SCC T2N2bMx, Stage 4a, HPV+, multiple nodes
1 tooth out
Jan '13
2nd tooth out
Tumor Board -induction TPF (3 cycles), seq CRT
4-6/2013
CRT 70gr 2x35, weekly carbo150
ended 5/29,6/4