After watching the recording of the show today, it is about what I expected and par for the course. As a TV talk/variety/entertainment show it's primary goal is to bring eyeballs to the show, so liberal strokes of drama and bias are applied as necessary to juice up the topic.

After filtering out all the TV fluff, the message of both medical experts was do your research and consult with the doctor, then make your decision. One did state her opinion for the shots while the other was more oblique but clearly implied it was difficult to recommend getting the series due to the "risks".

The two stories offered the obligatory balance, one side clearly working the emotional/empathy angle.

The fatal flaw for me was comparing a pap smear test, a diagnostic procedure, with a targeted preventative vaccination, destroying any remaining credibility.

So what if the show throws the anti vaccine crowd a bone? If you are in that camp then there would be very little to convert any in that crowd anyway. If not, I just hope viewers listened to the common advice to research and seek the doctor's expertise then take a position and decision. But in this day of 5 minute video clips and void of critical thinking, it is sad the majority will likely take away the HPV virus is something to be avoided.

Very sad,
Don

Don
Male, 57 - Great health except C
Dec '12
DX: BOT SCC T2N2bMx, Stage 4a, HPV+, multiple nodes
1 tooth out
Jan '13
2nd tooth out
Tumor Board -induction TPF (3 cycles), seq CRT
4-6/2013
CRT 70gr 2x35, weekly carbo150