When I was in Tx we had Carnation Instant Breakfast VHC which is now called Boost VHC. It has 560 cals in that 8oz can so I only had to swallow 5 to 6 a day which makes a huge difference. Anyway I would alternate every hour swallowing a can of the VHC and a can of water all throughout the day. I would stand over the bathroom sink and close my eyes and chug the can down as fast as possible and then wait a few minutes to make sure I wasn't going to get sick. As my Tx side effects got worse I would pinch my mouth shut to prevent me from easily tossing my cookies. Point is I thought it was better for me to swallow it fast vs slowly.

Tell him to FORGET about the taste thing and worry about saving his butt!

David

Age 58 at Dx, HPV16+ SCC, Stage IV BOT+2 nodes, non smoker, casual drinker, exercise nut, Cisplatin x 3 & concurrent IMRT x 35,(70 Gy), no surgery, no Peg, Tx at Moffitt over Aug 06. Jun 07, back to riding my bike 100 miles a wk. Now doing 12 Spin classes and 60 outdoor miles per wk. Nov 13 completed Hilly Century ride for Cancer, 104 miles, 1st Place in my age group. Apr 2014 & 15, Spun for 9 straight hrs to raise $$ for YMCA's Livestrong Program. Certified Spin Instructor Jun 2014.