Hi David:
I have been keeping up with you on Facebook, and here when you post, and so sorry to hear what you are experiencing. I don't know the age of Michael, but for some reason younger people cannot take the stress that us older folks have learned to accept. I'm sure that inside Michael regrets the way he acts/talks, but that's no comfort to you or Linda. You're right that she doesn't need to hear or see his actions, but if he lives with you, that will be hard to control unless you maybe just take him aside and read him the riot act about how he behaves and you want him to STOP - period. You have always seemed like such a soft spoken caring person, I'm sure you have let him get away with things he shouldn't, just in hopes that he will change. Try to convince him that he is hurting his Mom more than he is helping. Ask him why he wants to hurt her? Tell him that is not acceptable and he needs to change or leave. Maybe that will scare him into "thinking" before he acts or speaks. This is just my 2-cents worth, but thought I'd let you know what I think. I have been praying for you and Linda and always look forward to some good news. If things go on like they seem to be now, you'll end up sick yourself with worry. I feel sorry for Michael, but he does need to stop.
julieann

Julieann
Nov 2007 SCC on right tonsil following tonsillectomy. Was smoker, QUIT. (Stage IV T2 N2b) 7 weeks radiation one day/wk chemo (carboplatin and 5-FU). Allergic to Taxol; PEG in, lost 30 lbs. TX completed January 2008. PEG out mid- 2008. PET/CT 1/17/2011;2/3/12 NEGATIVE for cancer smile