I have been trying so hard to keep a good, positive attitude and to cover up my fears and worry over Linda that I seem to have become a Man of Steel in others' eyes. So far from the truth. We brought Linda home from the hospital yesterday and I'm not at all sure we should have. She has chemo on tues and I'm not at all sure that in her present state they'll do it. I fear she may not get well enough to handle chemo at all and I'm very afraid that she is not going to make it. Maybe I shouldn't have said that but I feel I can open up here with what I don't want to say even to my family, let alone on Facebook. Michael totally freaks out over every change in her state of health and doesn't bother to hide it. He's done a tremendous job of keeping his Mom on schedule for her meds, keeping track of her temp and o2 saturation and changing her ostomy bag, but he complains constantely about how little sleep he gets, how stressed he is, how hard he works at these things, all in the presence of Linda, and he brow beats her when she can't remember if she took her pain med or any time she is a little unco-operative, laying on the stress levels for Linda and me both. I've talked to him about his attitude and how he makes everything all about him but that led to a shouting match and I felt very guilty that Linda could here it all. Later he said that when he's talking that way to his Mom that he's aware of it and wishes he didn't sound like that, but just this morning he had a total fit because her bag came off and he had to0 change it. I tell him to go get some sleep and I'll do it but he won't and so he browbeats and bitches away the whole time. I can not do the job as welol as he can but I can do it and I would rather do it myself, however imperfectly, than to have to listen to him. He thinks I'm being really nonchalant about all of this and gets pissed off if I try to inject a little humor now and then, like I'm just not taking it seriously, "Man of Steel". I just don't want Linda to know how afraid I am. PC is acting up, I'll continue later.

David R. 65 yr old male non-smoker, light drinker, stage 3 or 4, depending on which doc you ask, scc rt. tonsil, 2 nodes, 7 weeks radiation and chemo. No surgery. Teatment ended 3/20/08. PET scan 8/08 showed no cancer.
And now, as of oct, 2010, caregiver to wife, Linda, with breast cancer.
May, 2013, Linda diagnosed with stage 3 ovarian cancer. Enuf already.