Oh, no. I am so sorry to hear this. I always enjoyed his incisive posts (and always got a laugh out of his frequent edits to "tone it down" -- indicative of his great passion to help others afflicted with OC). I can only imagine what it must have been like to go up against him in court or across a conference table! My condolences to his family.

Back in June 2010, Charm posted on these pages an essay that he had submitted to the Washington Post's Health section -- and that the paper had published -- about his "new normal" when it came to his enjoyment of food despite having a PEG. He noted in his comments that "I'd give the direct link but that would reveal my 'secret identity'" -- since apart from a very few initial posts, where he signed off as Tom, he was known to us only by his OCF name. In his honor, I'm posting that direct link to his Post essay here.

Leslie

April 2006: Husband dx by dentist with leukoplakia on tongue. Oral surgeon's biopsy 4/28/06: Moderate dysplasia; pathology report warned of possible "skip effect." ENT's excisional biopsy (got it all) 5/31/06: SCC in situ/small bit superficially invasive. Early detection saves lives.