It is with a very heavy heart that I bring this sad news to my fellow OCF members. One of our long time active members passed away suddenly on Monday. This man was admired for his integrity and was well respected in everything he took part in. He didnt do anything half way. Over the years, he spent countless hours volunteering and helping others here on the forum. He assisted me with projects and was always willing to lend a hand to help spread oral cancer awareness.

Words seem inadequate to express the sorrow felt by the loss of Tom Baker, known to most forum members as Charm2017. I am certain Charm will remain in our hearts forever, never to be forgotten just like his posts will live on.

While no death is easy, this one especially broke my heart as Charm is a dear friend of mine. I had the pleasure of meeting Tom at the first San Antonio OCF walk. After the walk Tom and his lovely wife Bev showed me the Alamo and the riverwalk. We had a wonderful dinner along the river talking and laughing for hours. Last September we all got together again at the NJ OCF walk. I will always cherish these wonderful memories of a great man.

The world will not be the same without Tom Baker. Our dear friend is no longer in any discomfort or pain now, rest in peace Charm.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma