So does lemon or lime - the premise behind an alkaline diet is that we bombard ourselves with acidic foods all the time (sugary crap - processed foods with chemical garbage in them) the higher the sugar content the more acidic the food - the more you eat drink of this stuff the harder your body has to work to maintain the balance - and if you have organ issues damage to kidneys, liver etc... It's even harder then throw cancer into the fray where our body has to fight that as well. So I'm not touting the kangen water thing as you can alkalize your own water - but I am saying that by eating healthfully (as I always say) and minimizing sugary processed foods it can only help in the long run. Also a lot of green leafy veggie can't hurt as they are alkaline in nature... Kelp anyone? Spinach? Boc Choy? Chard? smile

Cheryl : Irritation - 2004 BX: 6/2008 : Inflam. BX: 12/10, DX: 12/10 : SCC - LS tongue well dif. T2N1M0. 2/11 hemigloss + recon. : PND - 40 nodes - 39 clear. 3/11 - 5/11 IMRT 33 + cis x2, PEG 3/28/11 - 5/19/11 3 head, 2 chest scans - clear(fingers crossed) HPV-, No smoke, drink, or drugs, Vegan