so sorry to hear what u are going through, my husband had such severe face pain with his, i thought it was caused by the nerves starting to heal, but turns out it was the cancer still growing in there, we had thought we got it all, but my husband did not want to try radiation again and put it in gods hands...we worked with a pain management dr for awhile until we got hospice involved then they took over making sure he had the least amount of pain as necessary, and taking care of getting the meds we needed in a timely manner, don't know what i would have done without them. my world crumbled as well as he passed 6 months ago a couple months before our 30 year anniversary, i was with him since 18 and have never lived with out him. i haven't crumbled but i cry a lot at night and in the morning for missing him, i am just trying to keep myself as busy as possible. friends and family have helped a lot and having my faith. i hope u have a good support system when the time comes and that when u need to cry just go with it. take care of yourself because he would want u to go on.

CG to Joel 1st tumor flr of mouth 1998, 38 rad trmts 2nd tumor back of mouth/throat, rad neck, part remvl of jaw, soft palate rmvl, no chemo or rad, has a peg tube since dec 2011.Frmr smkr 25yrs ago, drinker, worked in HVAC indus 35yrs. 3rd dx on 6/20/12, hospice6/29/12, died July 17, 2012