I am so very sorry to hear about this turn. It is a terrible thing to watch a loved one suffer from this terrible illness. I remember when my moms tumor was growing inside her mouth, right before our very eyes, it is a scary time and not easy for anyone to experience. I wish there was something I could do to help you! I know you want to be there with him as he goes through all this, and as hard as it may be to have to work and put him in someone else's care, at least you will have peace of mind that he is in good hands and not alone. Like Wanda said, there are no right or wrong answers here. You do what you need to do and don't think twice about it. We are all here to help you through those moments when you need to vent, cry, ask for advice, or even take a 5 minute mental vacation.

Thinking of you and Ron as you make your way through this next phase. Stay strong, but don't be afraid to be weak when you need to...

Much love and peace,

Amy

Amy CG to mom Janet - diag w/ early SCC 8/11-surg w/ rad neck dissect & graft from arm/thigh 9/11-evid in nodes tx 6 wks rads (5/wk) w/cistplatin (1/wk for 6 wks) began 11/11-wk or 2 break 12/11 due to severe side effects-done 1/12- 3/23/12 mets to liver lung bone-hospice 4/7/12-lost fight 4/22/12