Can second hand cigarette smoke cause cancer? I think the principle is similar.
No one can say for sure if breathing in the smoke from a wood burning stove long term can cause cancer - but if the wood you're burning has been related with pesticides etc... Then it's possible - it's also an irritant - period - is it super smokey? I don't even stand near open outdoor fires anymore - last Time I was someone's house and they got the fire going I spent maybe 2 hours breathing that stuff in and was sick for two days...
Smoke inhalation anyone? smile
Now I am sure there are many people who deal with stuff like that daily - and have no problem with it - but some people are sensitive to it - so it's an individual thing. My mom was a 3.5 pack a day smoker - she died of lung cancer over 10 years ago - at age 59. Her partner also smoked the same amount - he lived another 9 years - battled colon cancer and won but died from pneumonia - everyone is different.
Hugs.

Cheryl : Irritation - 2004 BX: 6/2008 : Inflam. BX: 12/10, DX: 12/10 : SCC - LS tongue well dif. T2N1M0. 2/11 hemigloss + recon. : PND - 40 nodes - 39 clear. 3/11 - 5/11 IMRT 33 + cis x2, PEG 3/28/11 - 5/19/11 3 head, 2 chest scans - clear(fingers crossed) HPV-, No smoke, drink, or drugs, Vegan