When looking at everything at once as a whole can be overwhelming. I break everything down..finances, medical, food, every doctor, every test, bill, assistance, etc. and try to deal with them separately to make them more manageable, and accomplishable. I even have a file system, note books, check lists to make its easier to track, locate, and file everything, including information. Everyone is also different in how they cope. For some, not knowing too much helps, but with me, information helps me more rather than hinder me, wether it's good, bad or ugly and fear the unknown instead, not the truth. I hate waiting, and get impatient, and always want to plan my next move on this journey. There are no right or wrong questions to ask, and maybe write them down ahead of time, so you don't forget any, take someone with you who can lend a 2nd ear, and support, and ask for a copy of the report. Hearing it's benign, not cancerous, is the best answer a doctor can give. Otherwise, there comes a time you either have to fight or flight. I think all of us choose to fight. Good luck!

Update: Parcel Service just delivered a package, and it was from MSKCC, whom I sent every record to for a consultation back in July. There is at least 500 pages of documents, 11 CD discs, but all broken down separately, which made it easier for them to review, as well as for my reference. I have a time line too, to highlight everything to bullet list for the past three years for the different doctors, when I initially see, otherwise it's even overwhelming for them, staff, and myself explaining everything.

10/09 T1N2bM0 Tonsil
11/09 Taxo Cisp 5-FU, 6 Months Hosp
01/11 35 IMRT 70Gy 7 Wks
06/11 30 HBO
08/11 RND PNI
06/12 SND PNI LVI
08/12 RND Pec Flap IORT 12 Gy
10/12 25 IMRT 50Gy 6 Wks Taxo Erbitux
10/13 SND
10/13 TBO/Angiograph
10/13 RND Carotid Remove IORT 10Gy PNI
12/13 25 Protons 50Gy 6 Wks Carbo