Thanks for all the replies guys, so far bananas 3 against 2 for...we're all different, so true. Acid to me, manna to you..anyhow the idea of eating some tinned mixed fruit is now lodged in my head...ummm...must try it out when I'm feeling brave enough. Not today, as couldn't even manage water this afternoon for a few hours as my throat was on fire after, get this, I took my usual (since June) numbing med!! No rhyme or reason to this.
Nice to hear of somebody a bit closer CKeith and all the detail of your feeds - very interesting. I haven't tried any hot drinks yet, though I used to be a regular teapot, can't quite believe I've gone 4 months without a single cuppa. Now horlicks takes me back to being a child, perhaps that'd be worth a try. I think I've got a bit stuck in a groove and could do with branching out and experimenting a bit more. I love food usually and it's pure fear holding me back. I know when I just started the chemorad I could eat tinned peaches and ice cream and so had it nearly every day but haven't tried it since coming out of hospital. My throat was in a bad way when I finished treatment as the skin broke down externally and I had a hole in the front of my neck but I've been very lucky as it healed up really quickly and there's no sign of it now. I only do one o/night feed so must try and eat some more as I'm still losing weight, slowly but surely, down from nearly 12 stone to 9 and a half now (5'6"). I can't manage to swallow the nutricia drinks as my throat reacted so badly, so they too go down the peg. Apart from the throat reaction I'm not sure I could have continued to swallow them as they taste just like heavy metal don't they???
I've been veggie most of my adult life with a few forays into pescatarianism (is that a word or a sentance in itself??) but find I'm sooo hungry when I smell any food cooking and that includes meat!!
I have to go to Aberdeen next week for a repaet Pet/CT scan so will be gald when that's out of the way and results are in. Do most on here have to undergo this as a means of ascertaining if they are clear of cancer?
Lynne

BOT dx via Pe/CT combined scan Mar2012
Spread to node-removed.
HPV 16 +
Cisplatin x2, RT x30 June & July 2012.
Peg in situ 06 2012 & 1 tooth out.
Visual scope clear Oct 2012
Veggie, never smoked or drink much (polish halo!), no caregiver. Aged 58, Lynne in Scotland