Hey Lynne
I am in London and maybe just a week or two infront of you. Interestingly I have been a veggie for a month or two now. Every thing including H2o is through the Peg for now. But i have so got my appatite back since Chemo stopped. I would love to be back on the ice cream diet, I have started putting sugar in my tea and coffee Ihave one a day and a horlick at night, every calorie counts. I too struggle with the UHT feeds and was sick a few times. I have found I can cope with a very slow feed through the nigt starting the day 800 calories to the good. Ensure nice flavours 3 spread out from morning till afternoon. Then a faster feed on the machine in the evening.
I am tlod not to put Tea or Coffe through PEG but it is what kept me going when the Feed would not stay down. I try to keep the PEG clean and flushed.
I bought 4 excellent cook books today in anticipation of being able to eat soon enough. I too think the probiotic yogurts must be doing some good. I sucked on a slice of tinned peach lovely till the sugar hit the back of my throat, no way, stay away from the bananas.
A light soup watered down blended and sieved feels like a slap up meal. I am away to have my Original Horlicks with full fat milk, Full English will have to wait.

21st March squall cells.Endescopy not oesophagus, ENT .April endo nose CAT MRI general Panendoscopy prim-HPV 16 base of left tongue one node-stage 2.23rd of May.14/5/12 9 teeth out.8/6/12 PICC inserted.11/6/12 1st Chemos 25/6/12 2nd Chemo Cisplatin5FU:27/6/12 PEG23/8/12 Radiation finished 1/9/12.