dear am i crazy, possibly you are? Mad as a brush?
I chose this thread because I wish to ask the same question? I am fairly new and am all set to start a 15 week journey into hell?
I have two lovely daughters 2 and 3 I used to run marathons and do Triathlons. I have no pain no discomfort but have squalumus cells in a lymph gland that resemble a Bollock.(But on my neck)I was feeling the centre of attention and (warpped thinking)enjoying a break from work? Lovely nice people looking after me. The point is are you saying was it all worth it and quality of life and all that?
It is always worth it, the grand children adore you,you gave up smoking,sound like you have let your drinking fall away, I would recommend a Mojito on a sunny day and a single malt maybe Lauguvalin when the melancholy hits and loose the casual give the whisky the attention it deserves. These are 'Big Man' times to scream at the Moon. Your post helped me.

Since they took out eight healthy teeth and I am looking at and just becoming aware that the Rad damage is nasty and long lastin.I have lost my sense of humour.
I want them to say its a misdignosis? I want to be there when my daughter is 30? Iam 53 now. If I run and hide and decline treatment do I get swallowed up by Cancer in 3 or 4 years?
Sorry if its all me me me.On your post. I am learning the protocols?
I cant even right a good present history.
Pets, cats enescopy = Barrets disease one week of oesophagus cancer nightmare me jumping the gun.Now its root of tongue pea shaped primary,large lymph node General> biopsi. HPV host with one lymph node SCC.
Next Thursday Picc line insertion.Then 6 weeks of chemo followed by 6 weeks of rad and chemo. I am going in painless and health and coming out a mess ??? Should I make a run for it??

[b]"I love you guys"[/b]

21st March squall cells.Endescopy not oesophagus, ENT .April endo nose CAT MRI general Panendoscopy prim-HPV 16 base of left tongue one node-stage 2.23rd of May.14/5/12 9 teeth out.8/6/12 PICC inserted.11/6/12 1st Chemos 25/6/12 2nd Chemo Cisplatin5FU:27/6/12 PEG23/8/12 Radiation finished 1/9/12.