Sounds like a great recommendation Anne, I'll have to check it out. As far as pain goes, there are several studies out there that point to the fact that pain isn't just a physical thing, but a mental and emotional one as well.

One of the reasons Dr's prescribe antidepressant meds for pain relief is actually because our mind is more sensitive to pain when we are depressed. Odd but true.

For many the emotional healing part of cancer is the hardest, I know this is true for me. Everyday I wake up and have to make the choice to be positive, to look past the disfigurement and pain and enjoy my family and the time given to me. It's a daily struggle and I'm thankful that I have great friends on these forums and in life that help support me everyday. Strength in numbers is a phrase I use very often.

Keep pluggin into these forums, friend some of us on Facebook and plug into the truly amazing people that understand your struggle. I don't know where I'd be if it weren't for the relationships and guidance I've found on these forums, probably still drowning in a sea of despair and opiates.

Be well

Eric

Young Frack, SCC T4N2M0, Cisplatin,35+ rads,ND, RT Mandiblectomy w fibular free flap, facial paralysis, "He who has a "why" to live can bear with almost any "how"." -Nietzche "WARNING" PG-13 due to Sarcasm & WAY too much attitude, interact at your own risk.