Hi Kathy....sadly, that fear never goes away. Rod found a lump at the back of his ear where his neck has been sore, this morning. Feels like hard bone...he is 'shitting' himself. I fear too, I just try to keep it under wraps - sometimes though he says he feels like I don't care. But quite the contrary. He is seeing a physio in the morning, she might be able to shed some light on the lump. No one wants a reccurance, and as a carer, I feel sometimes that I'm not sure I'd have the strength for a recurrance, but I know I would get it from somewhere. You just need to act on lumps, bumps, and pain etc, immediately, so your mind can be put at rest for a bit, and during that time, make the most of a good day. Everyone is here for you guys.....xxxx

Jeanna
Wife/Carer of Rod, 56, Dx 5/3/09, SCC Oropharnyx T4 N2, End Tx 28th 07/09, 7wks Rad, 3 Cisplatin, primary tonsil, 4cm Lymph right of neck, 1cm left, in jaw & soft palate & base of tongue. Peg 06/09. CT & PET scans 02/11 - NED. Dentures 20/09/11, PEG out 28/10/11.