Thank you so much everyone. I have been walking around like a time bomb with all this bottled up. When Kevin is home it's even harder because he is so GRUMPY that I wouldn't dare say how I'm feeling. He is back to Alaska now for his 3 week hitch so I am breathing a bit easier. It's just easier when he's not here and I know that might sound bad, but it is the truth. I guess it's because when he is here I feel like I have to "smile" for everyone. Our 3 kids are beginning to feel it and I find myself losing patience with my 86 year old mom who lives here too. Our 12 year old said a couple of weeks ago " Mom, you used to be more fun!". I felt so bad. I'm trying....
We have fun things planned this weekend and I woke up this am and thanked God for the day and asked Him to help me remember what it is to be happy. So far it has been a good day. I am going to try to be more diligent about being positive.
I am so unbelievably thankful for this site. NOBODY around me understands. NOBODY. They all think it's ridiculous to worry...it's not their best friend/husband/father that would be gone. Their lives will not change at all actually. We adopted these 3 precious kiddos 2.5 years ago. Never did we dream they might be without one of us.
Anyway, thank you again for loving on me for a bit. I will try harder to think positive. Track season and baseball start next week, so being a busy mom will help!!
Blessings,
Kathy

Kathy wife/caregiver to:
Kevin age:53
Dx 7/15/11
HPV16+ SCC Stage IV BOT/R
Non smoker, casual drinker
7/27/11 Cistplatin, taxotere,5FU 2/3week sessions, followed by IMRT 125cgy x 60 (2x daily) w/Erbitux weekly. Last rad 10/26/11. Last Erbitux 10/27/11
PEG placed 9/1/11 Removed 11/8/11
Clear PET 10/12 and 10/13 and ct in 6/14