Good luck with the second opinion Alz! smile and do something nice for yourself and her - I actually does help your mind set to get away a bit.

Also I must apologize I offended one of our members when you posted originally about your dr. Suggesting chemo without confirmation of a recurrence. I agreed and thought he was being proactive. I was basing this on the assumption that the dr. Suspected very heavily that it was a recurrence and that his suggestion of a round of chemo was meant to possibly be prophylactic in nature. By no means do I believe chemo I harmless - it does have many side effects that are unpleasant, can cause severe reactions in people, and doesn't cure tongue cancer - so I believe a dr generally wouldn't suggest it without believing I has some actual purpose (though admittedly some drs do questionable stuff) . So to anyone new reading this - it was an opinion only, and based solely on this particular case - everyone is different and most importantly a good medical professional with experience in this type of cancer generally knows best. If you have any concerns a second opinion from another qualified dr shoud be obtained. We all come with our own valuable set of experiences and can give advice and suggestions on what to ask or where to educatie yourself about this disease - so that you are informed and can advocate for yourself but realistically - we are a forum here to help but not here to offer advice as medical professionals. (though some do a background in medicine) anyway sorry if I lead anyone astray - smile Alz best of luck to you.

Last edited by Cheryld; 03-03-2012 09:03 PM.

Cheryl : Irritation - 2004 BX: 6/2008 : Inflam. BX: 12/10, DX: 12/10 : SCC - LS tongue well dif. T2N1M0. 2/11 hemigloss + recon. : PND - 40 nodes - 39 clear. 3/11 - 5/11 IMRT 33 + cis x2, PEG 3/28/11 - 5/19/11 3 head, 2 chest scans - clear(fingers crossed) HPV-, No smoke, drink, or drugs, Vegan