Hey everyone, hope all is well and enjoying life to the max! smile
I'm Ida, glad that my partner recommended me to this forum, its very informative and useful.

Just to share my previous and recent stories, last year I was having a severe painful tongue on right side and then i went to ENT. The oncosurgery did a biopsy and from there it all started...

I was diagnosed with TC last year stage 1 and have gone through IMRT 35 times. CT scan on Nov2011 and oncologist confirmed that im a cancer free that time.

Last week im having a pain at the same spot, not sure what it is something is wrong with the nerve. When i examine, feel theres a bump at the same spot base tongue.. the pain is not that harsh but im really curious and i was freaked out.. the white patches came back. Theres a thin line spotted again!

So i met my oncologist. He advised me to perform CT scan next month and to do Chemotheraphy 6 shots. EIther the results is negative or positive its a procedure to make sure the cancer wont come back..im not actually confident about that.

Then yesterday i met my Oncosurgery. The thin line is actually candida and has been removed. He did biopsy to my new lump at my tongue just to check whats going on and what the heck is it.

*fyi, i have 2 doctors (1 is oncologist from Cancer hospital and another 1 is ENT oncosurgery who diagnosed me and manage my pain, we become close friend already). Both of them knows each other.

Now im waiting for the biopsy results now but i am prepared for the worst. Im nervous.
Wish me luck.

Ida

Diagnosed with Tongue Cancer at 32 since 1st June 2011.
Located at the right base of the tongue.
Done with IMRT 35 x
1 cleared scan on Nov 2011

I don't smoke, i don't drink, i recycle