John, adding my welcome and support. I know it's scary. But you've got a whole pile of people here who are rooting for you and thinking about you, sending the positive thoughts!

My cancer was a bit different from yours so I'll let those more knowledgeable give you specific advice. But it sounds as though they caught it early and that your medical team is on top of it.

I would say though that having cancer is tough enough without pain and anxiety on top of it. If you're in pain, get painkillers. If you're feeling as though things are getting tough to handle, speak to your oncologist about anti-anxiety and/or depression medication.

And as you have time and energy, look around this site. The main page has links to tons of info. You'll learn all about staging in general and your specific problems.

And keep us posted. And ask us questions!

I'm glad you're alive. You're going to be for a long, long time.

Courage.

David 2
SCC of occult origin 1/09 (age 55)| Stage III TXN1M0 | HPV 16+, non-smoker, moderate drinker | Modified radical neck dissection 3/09 | 31 days IMRT finished 6/09 | Hit 14 years all clear in 6/23 | Radiation Fibrosis Syndrome kicked in a few years after treatment and has been progressing since | Prostate cancer diagnosis 10/18