Hi there.. Also look into the university of Minnesota they may have local lodging... A lot do. It's a facility where you can stay Mon - Friday and maybe do the 70 mile commute on weekends only (perhaps family members or a group of friends can drive you back and forth ) - I know princess Margaret where I was treated has a lodging facility. this may be a good compromise. Also I'd like to state that BOT cancer responds more readily to chemo, and radiation. Oral tongue cancer can often be more aggressive, and and harder to treat than base of tongue - as BOT is caused by HPV in most cases - this being the case - often times BOT cancer is only treated with rads and chemo, but for oral tongue cancer removal of nodes level 1-4 is part of the standard. A friend of mine is losing her battle with this diseasea. Her cancer was in the oral mucosa - cheek initially (not HPV related) - the drs removed 20 lymph nodes, believing she was safe when the biopsy came back clear in all 20. After going home with no rads or chemo, she found a lump. Went back only to have another 20 removed - all of which had cancer. My dr told me in no uncertain terms.. I'm taking 40 out. I didnt argue - One was positiveI don't miss the other 39 smile and I'm glad theyre gone. I have some stiffness and loss of sensation. But other than that I'm okay. smile see what a ccc says If you can. Good luck!

Cheryl : Irritation - 2004 BX: 6/2008 : Inflam. BX: 12/10, DX: 12/10 : SCC - LS tongue well dif. T2N1M0. 2/11 hemigloss + recon. : PND - 40 nodes - 39 clear. 3/11 - 5/11 IMRT 33 + cis x2, PEG 3/28/11 - 5/19/11 3 head, 2 chest scans - clear(fingers crossed) HPV-, No smoke, drink, or drugs, Vegan