Yes do check out their history with oral cancer, a ccc is usually the best choice when it comes to any kind of cancer, because they have seen it all. I get that sometimes with insurance it's hard to go where the best treatment is available but here's the reality - oral cancer can spread rapidly, if you have a place that that ocassionally treats oral cancer they may be excellent, and know their stuff, but, why settle for a "may" ? why risk your life? If you know a ccc is the best place for treatment and that they do see your kind of cancer all the time and know how to treat it, then is this not the better choice? Even if you have to travel or pay extra. You can't put a price on your life or for that matter a time frame. I have two cancer treatment facilities within 10 minutes from me. One of which is my home hospital. In fact i personally know the head of know of them! They have good reputations etc. but I also have the top one in Canada - and one of the top 5 in the world - 20 -45 minutes away (depending on traffic) now everyone wants to work or train at a top hospital - but they hire the best of the best in their fields and give preference to the top students. They have a reputation to up hold. Which would you choose if your life were at stake? Will it guarantee me no recurrence? No - sometimes things just happen. However if I do end up with one I will know that I have done all I could prevent it... There really won't be any what ifs? Or regrets that I should have or could have done something differently the first time out, because i did what I could. smile
Good luck. Another thing - time is important don't let them take their own sweet time, push. Take fae.

Cheryl : Irritation - 2004 BX: 6/2008 : Inflam. BX: 12/10, DX: 12/10 : SCC - LS tongue well dif. T2N1M0. 2/11 hemigloss + recon. : PND - 40 nodes - 39 clear. 3/11 - 5/11 IMRT 33 + cis x2, PEG 3/28/11 - 5/19/11 3 head, 2 chest scans - clear(fingers crossed) HPV-, No smoke, drink, or drugs, Vegan