Ben,
I thought I just told you about one person with a nearly 50 year remission in oral cancer. It happens in other cancers as well. I have communicated personally with one person on this board who has been in remission for over 20 years. There are likely others. Our cases are all different though and cannot logically be compared. That is why those meaningful statistics are not out there.

I asked this 91 year old if she ever had problems with worrying about her cancer coming back. "No. It doesn't do any good," was her reply. I myself try to remember that, hard to do sometimes.

My point and the point of others here is that you are worrying about the wrong thing. Make sure you are getting the best treatment and taking care of yourself right now. That is a part of your personal odds.

That is not to say that all or most of us have wondered about our "odds", but eventually you have to realize that "time will tell". Keep in mind, too, that there is always the possibility of new drugs, new treatments in those coming years.

Best,
Anne

SCC tongue 9/2010, excised w/clear margins:8 X 4 mm, 1 mm deep
Neck Met, 10/2010, 1 cm lymph node; 12/21/'10: Neck Diss 30 nodes, 29 clear, micro ECE node, part tongue gloss, no residual scc
IMRT & 6 cisplatin 1/20/11-2/28/11 at MDA
GIST tumor sarcoma, removed 9/2011, no chemo needed
Clear on both counts as of Fall, 2021