Joan, I can only agree with what Sandy has said. Radiation treatments are awful; I totally agree, but you can and must get through them. I am the biggest coward in the world, and I got through over 35 treatments, plus surgery, plus three bouts of chemo. I know lying on that table is horrible, and you feel so helpless being strapped down with the mask, but as Sandy said, it is killing the cancer. I also had a feeding tube, and I hated it, but was glad that I had it. Please, please, please complete your treatments. I certainly don't think you are being a baby; we have all had those feelings, but I am two years out of treatment and just had another clear scan. Come here as often as you want, there are some terrific people here that will give you great advice and support.

Female, nonsmoker, 70, diag. 5/09 after tongue biopsy: stage IV. Left hemi-gloss. and left selec. neck disec. 30 lymph nodes removed May 20. Over 7 weeks daily rads. with three chemo. PEG removed 12/4/09 Am eating mostly soft foods. Back to work 11/09 Retired 4/1/11. 7 clear scans! Port out 9/11. 2/13. It's back: base of tongue, very invasive
surgery involving lifestyle changes. 2/14: Now speaking w/Passey-Muir valve. Considering a swallow study. Grateful to be alive.