Hi, I'm new to this forum so please bear with me. I had my hard palette removed due to squamous (?) cell cancer and was told I had to have radiation. I went through 2 weeks of radiation and wanted to quit I felt so awful. My surgeon forced me to continue (after a week off to rest). I went thru another week of radiation and now told my radiation oncologist I can't continue with this treatment. He pretty much repeated what the surgeon said "You may wind up getting a new mass and we won't be able to treat it." He has now told me to take this week off (again) and call him Monday if I decided either way....I am at a point where I'm not sleeping at night from fear of being trapped on that table. I suffer with vertigo and getting onto the table and off of it is a nightmare, not to mention the mask that hurts it's so tight and being locked to the table is terrifying to me. Am I just being a baby about all this, be honest. I can no longer eat, everything has a horrible taste, my face is burned and hurts/itches, my stomach is a mess from not eating and taking meds.,I have no saliva and I cough, choke and retch all day long. Does anyone know if 15 treatments is enough? The doctor wants me back for another 11 treatments and I dread it. Thanks for your help.

Joan Basilicata