You're right on. Accepting much of what you write leads to the action of strengthening the immune system however we can. After all, if only a very small percentage of HPV16 becomes cancerous then it is what some call "the immune system" which should by our focus. I.e. by eliminating commonly recognizable deficiencies like vit.D., which you point out. But besides nutritional and exercise changes what is the role of such social actions like "laughing clubs", improv classes, toastmaster luncheons, church choirs and local theatrical groups? Many of us have internalized cancer as a negative sign that we think and unfortunately, FEEL stigmatizes us in the eyes of others. My experience is that hospitals and clinics reinforce this.

DX in 12/2010. Stage 4 SCC HPV+ BOT swollen lymph. I've spent the past 3 years away from medical treatments. Instead I've focused on good nutrition, active exercise, singing, laughing, oral exercises and such. I've had neither pain nor discomfort. But I haven't been able to kill the cancer. So, I'm now considering robotic surgery and/or radiation.