Hey it does take a while for nerves to regenerate but I think some of the numbness may be related to the freezing. Two out of the three times I had a biopsy believe it or not it took a week! For me to start feeling my tongue. (the last guy was a butcher!) I know this was a surgery but he may only have removed a bit so it's likely not major nerve damage. If you hate the protein powder, I'm sorry some of it can be chalky, but try adding it maybe to your milk in small quantities or making a smoothie out of it. Frozen fruits, protein powder, and milk will make it taste better. Flax seed is cheap, grind some up (just a little) and toss it in. smile it's good for you as is quinoa - it can be price for a small bag but in cereals you just need a teaspoon and it swells up like tiny tapioca bubbles! It's high n protein. Popsicles- yeah- high in sugar. Maybe some fresh juice? Frozen? It has sugar but not as much and it's better for you! Take care. Going to pm you!

Cheryl : Irritation - 2004 BX: 6/2008 : Inflam. BX: 12/10, DX: 12/10 : SCC - LS tongue well dif. T2N1M0. 2/11 hemigloss + recon. : PND - 40 nodes - 39 clear. 3/11 - 5/11 IMRT 33 + cis x2, PEG 3/28/11 - 5/19/11 3 head, 2 chest scans - clear(fingers crossed) HPV-, No smoke, drink, or drugs, Vegan