Thanks Cheryl!!

Numbness will go away soon?? Wow ok, was thinking that nerves can take months to regenerate. Good cause it feels like my tongue is wearing a big puffy tight winter coat. My tongue feels like its curled up on the end even though its straight. Just a pressure-vice like throbbing feeling.

I bought some protein powder which I have used before (after gym workouts) but the chalky taste has turned me off. Boost is out of my price range right now as I have no income but just applied for Sick EI. But I am drinking lots of milk, soups, puddings and diluted at 50% pure natural juice (V8 veg/fruit mix ones) Maybe this weekend I will see if I can find any on sale.

I decided to try some gravol, so I am cubing each tablet, as I don't tolerate drugs well. I am small statured to begin with. The 12.5mg seems good tonight actually made me dozey! So I will continue with that for a bit:)

I have some Na Saline from the hospital and do rinses every 4 hrs. Use chlorohexidine rinse BID and brush my teeth BID. I will send another email to the nurse Lisa about the candida and see if we can get on that asap. Developing a sore on my lip, I noticed tonight...likely from the endotracheal tube. Worried it might open up. I noticed a mildly raised area right after the surgery. I have a cardiac condition so I was probably heavily dosed with abx during surgery but none post. Which suprised me. hmmmm....

In the meantime I gather I should stay away from popscicles(sugar) I have had two.

Thanks Again.

Tracy
T. SCCA
CO2 Laser Left Ventral Glossectomy Oct 3 2011

Tracy Dx @ age 47
Single No dependants
NS/Social ETOH
Clinical Study (early detection)
Dx July/09 Mod. Dysplasia (lichen planus)
Dx Sept/11 TisN0M0 SSC Lt Tongue
Sx Oct/11 CO2 Laser Glossectomy
Sx Mar/12 Release of tongue anchoring (Skin graft)
Lingual Nerve Damage