[quote=WarrenW]Hello all. My name is Warren, and as of today, I am a cancer patient frown I'm 35, don't smoke/use tobacco, and don't drink.[/quote]

Hi Warren, first, you found this site very early on. Thats first good news. I am 34, 6 month kid when diagonized on June 4th/2011. Me, too, don't smoke/use tobabbo/drink. Pretty much the same as you. I am nearing my treatment. Surgery done, last chemo done, 3 more radiations to go.

[quote=WarrenW]
Today I went in for my followup, and he gave me the bad news. His initial diagnosis is that I have SCC, base of tongue, T1N0M0, stage 1. HPV test not back yet. How quickly life changes.[/quote]
Mine was a visible ulcer on right side of tongue reaching the base. 1.5 cm x 1.5 cm. After surgery, the lymph nodes no signs of cancer. So they kind of classified it as T1N0M0.

[quote=WarrenW]
I'm frightened after reading some stories, and so is my wife. We have a child that is just 8 weeks old. I found out about the cyst the same week that he was born. I'm happy to have found this forum though. I'm sure I'll be leaning on it for support.[/quote]
The frightening part is essentially not for SELF, but mainly for the family, atleast in my case. Think of it as you are one more living creature on this earth who is subject to malfunctioning, but unfortunately humans are born super smart to bear all kinds of emotions. If you can control your emotions, that is the best way of looking forward.

Yes, to be frank and honest, the trauma of treatment keeps becoming pretty severe as the treatment progresses. You will gradually learn to cope with it. I am still not in a position to give any feedback on how it will be post all treatments, say 6 months down the line.

But please do remember, life is a pleasant journey with roadblocks at places.

Thanks
Venkat, India

Last edited by venkat; 08-24-2011 11:49 PM.

- Age 34 at DX 4th June 2011, Non-smoker, Non-alcoholic
- SCC on lateral right border of tongue, T1-N0,
- Surgery done to remove tumor on tongue
- RND to remove 9 lymph nodes, no MET(s)
- 3 weekly cycles of 50 mg cisplation chemo
- IMRT RAD 30 exposures, still 11 more to go