Hello all. My name is Warren, and as of today, I am a cancer patient frown I'm 35, don't smoke/use tobacco, and don't drink.

Last week, I had my right lingual tonsil removed due to a cyst that has been bothering me. I've actually been having on and off pain in that area for about 4-5 years. 2 months ago, I went into my ENT saying the discomfort was pretty persistent on almost all swallows, not just on/off. I was scoped, and they found a cyst. I was thrilled that they finally found the cause. They said that it didn't look cancerous, but as standard operating procedure, they performed a biopsy, and sent it off to the lab.

Today I went in for my followup, and he gave me the bad news. His initial diagnosis is that I have SCC, base of tongue, T1N0M0, stage 1. HPV test not back yet. How quickly life changes. Just a few hours ago, I had no idea what any of these terms meant. He's sent the paperwork off to 2 different oncologists. I'll schedule my first appointments with them after the long weekend.

I'm frightened after reading some stories, and so is my wife. We have a child that is just 8 weeks old. I found out about the cyst the same week that he was born. I'm happy to have found this forum though. I'm sure I'll be leaning on it for support.

Warren

Age 35
non-smoker, non-drinker
7/1/11 - Diagnosed with SCC @ BOT, stage 1, lingual tonsil & cyst removed
8/9/11 - Corrected diagnosis of MEC @ BOT
8/17/11 - TORS to remove lesion
9/2/11 - Bilateral neck dissection. All nodes clear! Done!
12/13/11 - PET/CT scan clear