Warren - I'm so glad you found this site. It's the best place to be for the very latest information and support from those who have been where you are. My son was close to the same age as you when he was diagnosed with SCC. And now, almost five years later, he is doing just great! As mentioned above, you have the advantage of being diagnosed at a very early stage, your youth, and the support of your wife and of course one of the biggest reasons to take on this challenge to survival: your brand new wonderful son!! My son's daughter was 5 years old at the time his SCC was discovered and I found it amazing the effect that she had on his successful recovery. She kept him focused on the good things in life and all the simple joys a child can bring to a parent. You can do this! Just search this site for all the information you need and write down all the questions you have for the doctor and/or for us here. It does help to have others go with you to appointments, not only for support but for help in remembering what was said so that you can check with each other later. If you want to provide a signature line (see mine below), it helps others to know your background so they can more easily relate to your situation and answer your questions. So whenever you have time, just go to the top of this page where it says "My Stuff", click on "profile" and scroll all the way down to the bottom where you will see a signature box and fill in whatever you like. Stay with us, Warren, and you and your wife enjoy each minute with that wonderful new little angel in your lives!

Last edited by Anne-Marie; 07-02-2011 03:11 AM. Reason: typo

Anne-Marie
CG to son, Paul (age 33, non-smoker) SCC Stage 2, Surgery 9/21/06, 1/6 tongue Rt.side removed, +48 lymph nodes neck. IMRTx28 completed 12/19/06. CT scan 7/8/10 Cancer-free! ("spot" on lung from scar tissue related to Pneumonia.)