Hi there. - as far as I know it depends on the surgeon, and tumor size, and location. But my tumor and 40 nodes were removed, then they offered me radiation and chemo even though they felt I was cured - and were certain They'd got it all. (their certainty has something to do with the type of surgery they do.). So I think the surgery prior to rads is okay - though they do want to give you time to heal. If it wasn't extensive surgery it should be okay in a few weeks, some make you wait 4 or 5. I had my radiation 5 weeks post op. But I had a 14 hour surgery with reconstruction. Try not to worry and good luck at your appointment. Look at it this way at this point there is less cancer or possibly no cancer left - less clean up work for the radiation to do (hopefull killing any microscopic cancer that might be left.. Treating this aggressively is good. Take care. And good luck.

Cheryl : Irritation - 2004 BX: 6/2008 : Inflam. BX: 12/10, DX: 12/10 : SCC - LS tongue well dif. T2N1M0. 2/11 hemigloss + recon. : PND - 40 nodes - 39 clear. 3/11 - 5/11 IMRT 33 + cis x2, PEG 3/28/11 - 5/19/11 3 head, 2 chest scans - clear(fingers crossed) HPV-, No smoke, drink, or drugs, Vegan