Today I am 16 days post ND. I feel like I'm doing okay. If it wasn't for the excruciating muscle spasms on my clavicle (where the sternocleidomastoid muscle originates, or should I say originated?) I would say I feel good. I've been using the narcotic prescribed for post-op when I start spasming, which seems to help. I wish I could figure out how to prevent them. I haven't been able to figure out what is triggering them. I massage the area almost constantly, which only helps minimally.

I have an appointment with my RO Monday (8/8) to set up my treatment planning, and make a mask. My MO is planning weekly Cisplatin to augment the radiation. I had an appointment with my dentist for cleaning and fluoride treatment, and molds taken for fluoride trays. I have an appointment for 3 small fillings on 8/16. My radiation treatments are tentatively scheduled to start 8/15....does anyone know if this will be okay?

My mom has her repeat PET scan on 8/9 for her post treatment for lung cancer. I'm worried she may be having a recurrence, as she has recent onset tiredness, shortness of breath and wheezes.

My knee arthroscopy didn't help much....maybe a little less pain, but walking any distance is agony. My knee is horrible....looks more like a 72 year old knee than a 52 year old knee. It's bone on bone, so it looks like I will need a total knee replacement, probably sooner than later.

My pathology report stated 28 nodes total, three positive, one node with extra-capsular extension. They sent a biopsy to University of MIchigan for HPV, but I haven't gotten the report on that. I will probably call my surgeon next week to see if it's back by now. I would like a copy of the path report for my own file, since I have copies of all my previous ones.

I spent about 9 hours yesterday reading the treatment forum (didn't get to bed until 5:30 this morning!) I'm learning so much. I just wish that I had started reading sooner, because everything seems to be moving so quickly now. Unfortunately, I've been in such a shock and depression induced lethargy for the last 8 months, that I don't seem to be able to get anything done.

Thanks everyone, for your prayers and well wishes. They're appreciated so much.
Kelli Jo