Hi,
I'm sure others know more about Tomotherapy than I do, but I think it uses a CT scan to precisely fix tumors for every day of radiation therapy. Because you, I think, don't have any visible tumor anymore (surgery removed, right?) it would not be helpful for that. Regarding your neck, I'm not sure it would apply in this instance either, at least from what I read. BUT I will tell you that your radiation oncologist may be able to spare some of your salivary glands anyway, by using IMRT. My parotids were written into my plan as not being touched, however, that means I think that they did not receive enough scatter radiation to destroy them, that they will come back. I have a little bit of saliva (2.5 months out from treatment) but have been told not to expect it to return for a year, and if it returns sooner, then that is a bonus. One of my submandibular salivary glands was removed (no cancer there), while the other one is, at present anyway, quite nonfunctional. There is some research about accupuncture restoring their function, and I know the cancer center I was at referred patients for this.

IMRT sounds like it probably is the way to go for you, and I would imagine that it has been mentioned. I am definitely not a doctor however. I agree with Christine that a cancer center is the best for oral cancer.

Like you, I had no visible cancer after my surgery (I assume that from your post)and the radiation and chemo were simply to clean up any microscopic disease.
Anne

SCC tongue 9/2010, excised w/clear margins:8 X 4 mm, 1 mm deep
Neck Met, 10/2010, 1 cm lymph node; 12/21/'10: Neck Diss 30 nodes, 29 clear, micro ECE node, part tongue gloss, no residual scc
IMRT & 6 cisplatin 1/20/11-2/28/11 at MDA
GIST tumor sarcoma, removed 9/2011, no chemo needed
Clear on both counts as of Fall, 2021