bethers0808
Thankyou! I know it was one of those... moments. That's the same thing my husband told me. HA! I went to the oral surgeon appt. Two weeks ago. I think my sedation dentist gave him a heads up on my fear because after viewing the area he advised we remove it with laser and send it in for biopsy that day. He asked me if I wanted gas and that opened up the response for me to tell him myself. He also found out that sedation and gas does not affect me at the dentist like it should. 20 min of gas and still shakin in my boots he proceeded. Actually he was very good, the procedure wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The swallowing and soft foods were pretty unforgiving for about a week but by today, my two week appt it is better. Today I saw him again, he told me the day he removed it he thought it was a pappilloma. Great I was thrilled. Today he tells me he was wrong. I tried to understand what he was telling me but it just went over the top both times he explained it. He used terms and words that I cannot even remember. All I know is that the cells were abnormal in the mocousous membrane, the abnormal cells condition was super long like 4 words the first word started with an I the second a d can't remember the rest. They believe it was confined to the top layer membrane and if it goes deeper than it turns into cancer. Does this sound wrong or did I misinterpret this? This doesn't make any sense to me. So he said we need to watch it to be sure it does not grow back and that he got it all. Appts every 3 months for the next year. He believes he got it all this time and he did laser a dime size deep circle/ball from the soft pallate of the roof of my mouth. Told me to watch it and that mostly this condition is caused from smoking. He showed me the removal of the lump and the arm coming from it. I am going to have them send the records to my MD and have her interpret it for me at my cardiology appt on the 15th. It's my own fault for not writing it down and asking more questions.....

JAS