Hey everyone, keep those suggestions coming!

My dentist has easily been the most attentive medical professional through years of me being in pain from tongue rubbing against the teeth. He's the one who encouraged me to get a biopsy in 2008. And as Kaiser doctors kept repeating their mantra "that's not my job", my dentist has been going out of his way to brainstorm a solution.

He's had his mouth-guard-maker try multiple times to create a guard that would stop the irritation, but I have such a unique circumstance, that we never got it to work. We've also tried dental wax, gauze, and a doctor proscribed steroid paste that worked on apthous ulcers but not on this.

Then I was diagnosed with cancer, and now I'm stuck still without a solution to the tongue-rubbing-against-the-teeth problem.

I'd really like to find someone who is a medical professional who says "involuntary tongue movements, we deal with that all the time!" and has a solution, which will work, and which I haven't yet tried.

:^) Rahel

Leukoplakia 3/07, 34y.o. non-smoker/drinker
Biopsy 3/08: clear (no monitoring suggested - grr)
Biopsy 10/18/10: SCC, Stage 2 1.
Surgery 11/15/10: glossectomy R side oral tongue & partial neck dissection. Margins, nodes & salivary gland clear!
Subsequent MRIs/CTs/PETs: All clear!