Hi All!

This is where I am at. I went to the dentist and she referred me for biopsy. She downplwayed the significance of the lesion. I saw the ENT and he very much downplayed the significance of the lesion, but did remove it and send it for biopsy on Wednesday. He thought I would know something by Friday.

I had not heard anything by Friday afternoon and it was almost 5pm, so I reluctantly called my friend who is a pathologist where the biopsy was sent. He checked into it and told me that one of his collegues was the one reviewing the specimen. He indicated that it had been sent off for some "special stains" and would not be ready until next week. He was not real specific about why these "special stains" are needed and I didn't push too hard because I was most certainly already stepping beyond the norm.

Anyway, does anyone know why these would be referred for "special stains". It is a cause for alarm?

Some feedback would be great!

It seems I recall one example of a person on this forum where the doctors were sure it was nothing and then it turned out to be cancer or dysplasia. Does anyone recall who that is and do any of you have information to add?

Thanks so much!