Thanks for the comments.

As I think back about this thing I get more concerned. At first it was sort of a white spot that I could rub off. When rubbed off it left a raw spot and eventually the white cover would return. It was so tiny that I just did not consider it much. I have always been prone to fever blisted and sores and it is not uncommmon for something to be going on in my mouth so I just didn't place any importance to it. I was ignorant about the possibilities.

Now, it seems less superficial and more into the skin. I can't rub it off as it is a part of the skin. It is still white, but a little less white than in the beginning. Of course my mind has raced to one conclusion and I have no idea how reasonable or unreasnable it is, but I am all consumed. I really cannot say how long this porcess has taken I just know it has been a long time. Over a year, maybe/likely more.

I realize that this speculation is getting me nowhere and there are no answers until science gives them to me but I just am so worked up I don't see how I can keep my sanity in between now and when I can have answer.

Does the process I have described for my lesion sound familiar to anyone else?