Hello all!

I do not have a cancer diagnosis, but I am very concerned about myself. I have had a small white lump, perhaps 1-2mm on my gum on the left front of my upper teeth for some time. By some time, I mean at least a year. I have always been prone to get fever blisters, canker sores and that sort of thing, so I ignored it. Further, it has remained very stable in size and did not change at all for the whole time. I have recently noticed it seems to have grown. By coincidence I read an article this Friday on oral cancer. It got me to considering this lump on my gums. Clearly, this lump could be oral cancer and now I am convinced that it is. The mental pressure has broken me down. I am whacked.

I called my dentist and I am trying to get in ASAP.

Questions:

How long is too long for it ot have been there?

How long did you all notice your symptoms prior to seeking help/diagnosis?

How long does it take for the brush biopsy results to come back? I need to know asap as I am falling apart.

What stage were you when diagnosed?

Could this lump be something else? Is it more likely to be something else or not?

Right now I am whacked. If it is cancer I will never forgive myself for not acting sooner. I am a father with two young children.

Does anyone have any comments or information for me?