Angelia,

If your interested ask your RO how many gray units you will receive. Most of us got between 70 and 72 gys (which I was told was the max 3 years ago) which is spread over the the Tx period usually at the rate of 2 per day. So in my case I had 35 sessions at 2 per session or 70 gys. If you are having more sessions then you either will be receiving more than 70 or less each session.

There have been different approaches taken to deliver the radiation in the oral environment like doubling the sessions each Friday or doing 2 a day throughout the Tx but they usually only deliver the same 70 to 72 gys. It also used to be (just 3 years ago) that the patient could never be reradiated in a recurrence but I have seen many who have been given that option since I was treated.

David

Age 58 at Dx, HPV16+ SCC, Stage IV BOT+2 nodes, non smoker, casual drinker, exercise nut, Cisplatin x 3 & concurrent IMRT x 35,(70 Gy), no surgery, no Peg, Tx at Moffitt over Aug 06. Jun 07, back to riding my bike 100 miles a wk. Now doing 12 Spin classes and 60 outdoor miles per wk. Nov 13 completed Hilly Century ride for Cancer, 104 miles, 1st Place in my age group. Apr 2014 & 15, Spun for 9 straight hrs to raise $$ for YMCA's Livestrong Program. Certified Spin Instructor Jun 2014.