Angelia,

Tell them you want a pre Cisplatin hearing test so you can perhaps have a better chance proving your Tx caused a hearing loss if that does happen. I have permanent high frequency hearing loss and since I didn't have a base line to compare my post Tx hearing test to, my insurance company has basically said "tough".

How often will you get the chemo, weekly or 3 times during the rad?

I started loosing my taste by week 2. Heck I swear I could smell my throat burning after rad #1 but my doctor told me I was crazy. By week 4 which was right after my second chemo bag, I was nauseated and had pain and was on a total liquid diet. I was pretty bad off until the beginning of week 3 post Tx and that's when I walked out of my tunnel. So the the grand scheme of things I only suffered for about 7 weeks which, considering it's saved my life, isn't that bad.

David

Age 58 at Dx, HPV16+ SCC, Stage IV BOT+2 nodes, non smoker, casual drinker, exercise nut, Cisplatin x 3 & concurrent IMRT x 35,(70 Gy), no surgery, no Peg, Tx at Moffitt over Aug 06. Jun 07, back to riding my bike 100 miles a wk. Now doing 12 Spin classes and 60 outdoor miles per wk. Nov 13 completed Hilly Century ride for Cancer, 104 miles, 1st Place in my age group. Apr 2014 & 15, Spun for 9 straight hrs to raise $$ for YMCA's Livestrong Program. Certified Spin Instructor Jun 2014.