Well, Tom - your wife is doing something very similar to my husband. Instead of making me a "honey do" list, we bought a fixer upper and he remodeled it from the ground up, moved walls, a fireplace. Don't tell her or she will expand her list. I think this is their way of feeling like they are getting things done. Jim was on chemo and all kinds of pain meds, but managed to run his crew for 9 months and damn near ran them into the ground. They figured that if he could do it while taking chemo and being on crutches a lot of the tiem, then they could do it being healthy. I tried not to complain, but it was hard - it was 105 degrees in the summer and then freezing in the winter. But he got it done and we moved in in January. The house is beautiful and he seems very content and proud that he has put me in such a beautiful home so close to my job. They need a distraction, but it sure wears down the caregivers. Hang in there - Jim and Pam are about on the same track with treatment...take care of yourself.

Caregiver to Husband 50 yrs.young-non smoker/non-drinker; Stage IV - all treatments stopped August 2009
Lost the battle November 23, 2010