Don't know where something like this belongs but would like some input on a few things. First, my wife has been given a time frame of something like a year, we will continue to fight that battle with treatment and everything else we can throw at it but I also want to make sure that we have things in order. We took a little mini second honeymoon a few weeks ago and it was the first time she mentioned life after her when mentioning that she thought one of her rings should be given to a grand niece. I was a little caught off guard and not prepared to discuss any of the things that I figure we will discuss somewhere down the line. As a caregiver, when did you discuss the tough things like where would you like to be buried, what type of service, who should officiate, cremation vs internment, etc. Although we have worshipped as Lutherans since we have been married, she is still Catholic. Are there Catholic beliefs that would require a Catholic burial or having a priest officiate, perform last rites? In this day and age is a will necessary if we have been married for 24 years and I think everything is in both our names?

Tom-CG to wife, Pam 46@dx
Stage IV Tongue Cancer T2N2C
Dx 6/08, Surgery 7/08, 3 nodes positive
9/08 33IMRT/7Carbo/Taxol
4/09 node biopsy positive, mets to lungs/stomach
5/09 Cisplatin or Cis/Alimta study
6/09 Cis/Taxotere
9/09 Taxotere
1/10 Xeloda
3/10 Cetuximab weekly
6/29/10 lost battle