Hey Jeanna

please don't think i am being judgmental because i most certainly am not and have no right to be .I packed my bags and left my husband 5 weeks after his tx finished because he had hammered me into the ground in that period when his rads had finished and i was physically and emotionally wiped off the face of the earth.During that time his recurrence occured (something i struggle to live with every day)but I needed to stand back and as it turned out doing that was in fact the only thing that got us through the following four weeks .We were living on welfare by then as Rob was self employed and i am registered disabled,so i know where you are coming from.What i am saying is that i don't think you need to be doing it tough just yet,time enough for that if he continues to need you as an emotional crutch for much longer.He will be scared of being alone ...simple as.Not all men are as tough as our David lol some are just big babies who want their hand held for a bit longer than others.I thought my man was tough until i saw his face when i walked back in two weeks later and boy did i feel like the queen of bitches.

Of course you have to work and of course you will feel like a mum leaving her newborn for the first time.But if you are scared ..he will be to.

Liz in the UK

Husband Robin aged 44 years Dx 8th Dec 2006 poorly differentiated SCC tongue with met to neck T1N2cM0 Surgery and Radiation.Finished TX April 2007
Recurrence June/07 died July 29th/07.

Never take your eye off the ball, it may just smack you in the mouth.