Posted By: Susan Lauria Eric Statler - Featured speaker!! - 11-09-2011 02:24 AM
Hey Everyone,

I am happy to announce that our own Eric Statler will be the featured speaker for the 2nd Annual San Antonio Oral Cancer Walk on April 14, 2012!! This will be his debut act!

So if you can make this walk, please come and support Eric and Elizabeth Sikon, walk organizer. OCF will be proudly represented once again!! Christine Brader was the speaker last year.

Thanks Eric!! You will be amazing!!!

Susan
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Eric Statler - Featured speaker!! - 11-09-2011 03:20 AM
Congrats Eric! Im sure you will do a great job! Wishing you and Elizabeth another record breaker!!!!
Posted By: Brian Hill Re: Eric Statler - Featured speaker!! - 11-09-2011 05:40 AM
Like so many of you that have been here for years, helping others in your free time, both as event volunteers and those with a personal passion to help people following us on this path on the forum, you all hold a special place in my opinion, and reflect qualities that are the best components of the human spirit. Whether it is emotional support or treatment information support offered here, or fundraising for the foundation's research work at events or online, those of you that give back are a special part of the OCF family. Both Christine and Eric are great advocates and supporters of the foundation. When they and the others here physically come to an event they put more than a face on the foundation. They expose its heart.
Posted By: EricS Re: Eric Statler - Featured speaker!! - 11-09-2011 07:57 AM
wow, a big event, a tough act to follow AND such nice sentiments from our fearless leader. If I wasn't so full of myself I may actually get nervous laugh

I'm excited, a state that "gets" me! Yeeehhaaawww!!
Posted By: davidcpa Re: Eric Statler - Featured speaker!! - 11-09-2011 02:33 PM
Eric, you will do GREAT.

Put some of your dry humor and wit into your remarks. A favorite line I like to use to open my speech and that always gets a cancer crowd going is "the day I was diagnosed with cancer was the worst day in my life and the day I was told I was cancer free was the best day in my life". Everybody bonds with you.
Posted By: AnitaFrances Re: Eric Statler - Featured speaker!! - 11-09-2011 02:59 PM
What a great event that will be! I wish I could be there to hear you and support you, Eric. So happy for both you and Elizabeth!
Posted By: ESikon Re: Eric Statler - Featured speaker!! - 11-09-2011 10:29 PM
I can't wait!!!!
Posted By: Anne-Marie Re: Eric Statler - Featured speaker!! - 11-09-2011 11:48 PM
Eric - Wish I could be there, too! I know you will be Awesome!
Posted By: wilckdds Re: Eric Statler - Featured speaker!! - 12-07-2011 06:23 PM
Eric, congrats on your future speaking engagement. You will surely wow the crowd.

Wish I could be there.
Posted By: EricS Re: Eric Statler - Featured speaker!! - 12-09-2011 12:20 AM
Thanks Jerry, Anne-Marie!

I'm working on my speech now, its been a while since I've spoken in Public so I want to make sure I still have some polish. I'm hoping to get to a few walks on the East Coast this year so maybe we can get a group of us together. I'll keep you posted!
Posted By: Eva Grayzel Re: Eric Statler - Featured speaker!! - 01-21-2012 10:54 PM
Eric, I'm sure you won't be short of jokes!
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum