Posted By: Florida Bill Will the third time be charm? - 08-02-2009 06:22 PM
Greetings my dear dear friends. I have been away for far too long, wallowing in self pity, depression and pain.

Once again, on the 14th, I shall go under the surgeons knife. This time for the removal of my right mandible. The 136 cGys of radiation have taken their toll and the radiation necrosis has claimed this bone. The pain has grown to unbearable heights and it is time to do something about it. Attempts at debridement having failed, only causing more pain, it is time to remove it. Hopefully this will solve the pain problem.

I miss you all so much. I will try my best to get back as often as possible from now on. Helen, I will start planning another gala for the Island, I promise.
Posted By: Cookey Re: Will the third time be charm? - 08-02-2009 06:49 PM
Hey
good luck and welcome back
liz
Posted By: debandbill Re: Will the third time be charm? - 08-02-2009 08:24 PM
Florida Bill,

Thank you for checking in...I have wondered and worried about you over past two years after I read your blog and then we heard nothing...I kept trying to be positive but saw your posts the other day and was so glad that you are still kicking. I am so sorry that the mandible issue has become so overwhelming and the upcoming surgery now seems inevitable. Just wanted you to know that someone was thinking about you and wishing that things were OK...

Florida Deb
Posted By: Pete D Re: Will the third time be charm? - 08-02-2009 09:06 PM

Bill, it's good to hear from you again, but certainly not good why we are hearing from you. Hang in there because you are a tuff cookie!
Posted By: davidcpa Re: Will the third time be charm? - 08-03-2009 01:26 PM
Fl Bill,

Sorry to hear about all the new stuff. Please hang in there and post here more often as we are all family and we need to stay in touch.

Fl David
Posted By: EzJim Re: Will the third time be charm? - 08-03-2009 01:48 PM
Yep and a family likes to know how each of the kids are doing. Good luck and the best to you.
Posted By: Eileen Re: Will the third time be charm? - 08-03-2009 07:44 PM
Bill,
I'm glad to see you back but really sorry that you have to undergo this surgery. Hopefully it will fix everything and you will no longer be in pain. I too have thought of you often and wondered what you were doing. We are here for you. Keep us posted.

Take care,
Eileen
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Will the third time be charm? - 08-03-2009 10:19 PM
Bill, sorry to hear of the big surgery coming up. Hope it fixes your problems for good. Im facing a similar surgery this month too, not sure if mine is the bottom or also the top and how much. Soon I will know more details. Do you know how long of a rehabilitation yor docs are expecting? What is going to be used to reconstruct your jaw, bone or metal?

Sorry for the questions, just trying to compare our procedures.

Best of luck with everything going on. Hope your recovery is an easy one.
Posted By: Karen Rose Re: Will the third time be charm? - 08-04-2009 04:31 AM
Bill

Sorry to hear that you are having to deal with the ongoing horrid issues of this disease.

I have had nearly all of my mandible replaced with bone from my hip due to ORN so I can certainly understand your feelings and fears heading into the surgery.

Wishing you all the best

Karen

Posted By: August Re: Will the third time be charm? - 08-04-2009 04:49 AM
Bill....sorry you are facing more surgery....hope it will lead to more comfort and true good health for you. Know that you will be in my prayers.

--Colleen
Posted By: DM32ASA Re: Will the third time be charm? - 08-14-2009 01:18 AM
So sorry to hear of this situation for you.. All we can do is try our best. Will pray and hope all will go well for you.

I know how it is when things keep poping up and can get you down. So do not feel bad about that. Keep fighting!!

Take care.. Diane
Posted By: ChristineB Re: Will the third time be charm? - 08-14-2009 03:16 AM
Bill
Best of luck with your surgery tomorrow. Please post an update when you can. Sending good thoughts and prayers your way smile
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum